we build careers
Educate | Research your prospective employer.
• Read Financial reports, press releases, the AIF, and Info circular (if public)
• Know the executive team – Directors and C-suite (CEO, CFO, COO)
• Understand their business and their industry
Define | Be prepared to identify your accomplishments and merits related to the position.
• Know your resume and chronological career path
• Be prepared to articulate your strengths/weaknesses, management style,
career goals and achievements
• Know why you are the right candidate for the role and why you want the job
Generate Interest | Employers will hire candidates they like so be engaging and be yourself.
• Prepare at least five questions that focus on the role, company, team,
growth and corporate culture
• Be prepared to discuss your personal interests and volunteer experience
• At the end of the interview, ask the employer if there is anything that
concerns them about your candidacy so you can address and alleviate
Exemplify | Verbal communication and body language will be assessed in an interview setting - it’s not just what you say, it’s how you say it.
• Be articulate and clear when answering questions, stay focused and
• Always wear a suit (unless otherwise indicated)
• Arrive early to give yourself time to relax and collect your thoughts before
• Demonstrate confidence with a firm hand shake and eye contact